Art • Design • Fabric • Paint • Glitter • Sometimes swe*rs • Loves dogs • Illustrator • Letter-er • Instagram Addict • Aspiring eventual children’s book author/illustrator
Hey hey! Thanks so much for stopping by! I’m Cynthia. I do a whole bunch of different stuff, as do most creative people these days. You might have found me from one of my various “things”- graphic design, sewing, quilting, painting, creating swear-y art, designing fabric, creating sewing patterns, or…? At any rate, I’m so glad you’re here!
I’ve been creating since I was very young. Art is my life and I could keep myself busy for years with all the creative stuff I want to do. Years!
As a teen, I wanted to become a fashion designer, but then went for graphic design and am so glad I did. I love all things design, typography, and the smell of fresh printer’s ink can’t be beat.
I’m inspired by flowers, shoes, tattoos, vintage fabrics, mid-century design, tiki culture, well-established English gardens, juicy squishy paint, nature, the beach, old movies, typography, handmade things, and diving deep into a theme to find a twist on it that is a bit off the beaten path. You’ll probably notice a crossover of themes, methods, and media in my work, they all intertwine.
Digitally- the big 3: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, plus my new fave on my iPad, Procreate!
By Hand- pencil, paper, canvas, paint, fabric, glitter, sequins….
- I’m not a summer person, I’m a very crabby Cancer. So much so, I made tshirt design to celebrate it!
- When I watch movies or tv shows, I tend to pay attention to what’s happening in the background and overall set or location more than what’s actually happening in the show. (Try it sometime, it’s really interesting!)
- I’m a stickler for being on time. I hate being late, or even more, being made to be late by someone else. Nothing gets my knickers in a knot faster.
- I like most genres of music, depending on my mood and I’m obsessed with finding the soundtracks from fave tv shows or movies.
- I love scouring thrift stores for hidden treasures. I’m always on the lookout for vintage fabrics and linens that I’ll eventually turn into a quilt, or something.
- finally write and illustrate the kids books I have floating in my head.
- design a collection of cards + art for a big card co. (working on this one!)
- paint a commission portrait of a celeb- Oprah call me!
- design some super funky food, bath & body, wine or alcohol labels/packaging. I have ideas… just need the client for them!
- create a cool line of tees for witchy folks, curvy options a must!