Aw yay! I was nominated by Nicole of Handwrought Quilts, for a One Lovely Blog Award! So nice and thoughtful, and massive thank you! I’m honoured!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to his/her blog.
- List the rules. Check!
- Display the image of the award on your post. See above
- List seven facts about yourself. See below
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them to let them know you have nominated them. Read on…
Here are 7 random facts about me:
- I adore shoes! But, I have big feet, and am out of the “usual” size range that you can find at a shoe store, (other than the low cost shoe place we all know and love and their selection in larger sizes is challenged usually) so I seriously despise going shoe shopping, it just makes me crazy that I can’t buy any of them. I’m stuck with a couple of brands that I know fit true to size, that I can buy online. I am insanely excited that my friend Samarra, aka the Fairy Gold Mother, is sending me a pair of gold sequined dancin’ shoes in my size that she found at her local thrift, along with several more pairs of larger sized gold dancin’ shoes that she is generously giving to her larger footed friends, so awesome!
- I actually broke down and bought myself a pair of crocs (well some ugly brown generic ones since they don’t make pink real ones in my size dammit!), but it took a few failed attempts and really not wanting to buy them, really am I resorting to this, really, I just can’t, I won’t, but hey, they come in handy in the garden and if they get wet, they don’t get ruined. I’d never wear them in public, ever. Sorry croc-wearers, I just can’t.
- Growing up, I had aspirations of becoming a fashion designer, but decided to go for graphic design at the last second. So glad I did! I’ve been in the industry for 25+ years now, a “lifer”, and love what I do. But I still love a good issue of Vogue. And shoes. And oh, dreamy Birkin bags, in any colour. Yes please.
- I’ve been sewing since I was very young, and only got more seriously into quilting over the past 6 or so years. Before that it was all about garment sewing, I even had a small collection of glittery tees, rockabilly cowgirl shirts, and cute undies, I created/sewed for a local boutique. Life and work got too busy so I had to give it up, for now. Now if I could just figure out how to make cute shoes in larger sizes, oh boy!
- I’ve never been afraid to try anything crafty once. I’ve tried stained glass, done and sold mosaics, sewn clothing, made bags and accessories, made soap and bath fizzies, knit all kinds of garments and accessories, made puppets, crocheted amigurumi, blankets, dog sweaters, you name it, I’ve probably tried it and have the supplies to prove it. I’d love to try weaving and dying yarn, and block printing/screen printing (actually have the supplies for this part waiting patiently for me!) next.
- My ultimate dream would be to travel and paint. Why yes, I am sitting in the Jardin des Tuileries today, snacking on fresh baguette, and painting the lovely passersby. Ahh la vie est belle.
- That said, I am a total homebody. It’s all about a good night on tv with my hunny, my Slanket (hey don’t knock it till you try it! And mine is leopard print, so even more glam, hehe!), my dogs, and being cozy. Staying around home to putter, sew, read, make stuff, yes please. I like to sew by myself and have my stuff around me, listen to music, create on my own in my own space. Although I do enjoy an occasional sewing day with a friend or two. I do really enjoy getting out but after a short while, I am aching to be home again. So maybe short stints to travel and gather inspo, then home again to paint, that would work. Just sayin’.
And I nominate:
- Cathy, at Blueberry Patch, who I met thru my local MQG and we hit it off. She’s lovely, kind, super amazingly talented, a gets-stuff-done-‘er, and makes gorgeous quilts. She also has a super cool way to organize her fabric scraps. She’s inspiring!
- Andrea, Ace Neil, who I met online via a couple of mutual friends, and we created The Happy Friday Project together. She is a writer and has a very unique and cool voice and viewpoint, and we seem to be on a very similar, although different, path in our creative lives. She’s awesome!
Thanks so much again for nominating me Nicole!